Causes of Erectile dysfunction or ED:
An Erection begins with sensory or mental stimulation or both. There are various reasons for the Sexual Dysfunction in males like physical and psychological disorders.
Physical problems: Because an erection requires a precise sequence of events, impotence can occur when any of the events is disrupted. The following conditions might be the causes:
- Diseases like heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes may hinder the attainment of a proper erection, hence causing this deformity.
- Injury or damage to the nerves, arteries, smooth muscles, and ﬁbrous tissues, often as a result of disease
- Smoking, drinking alcohol extremely, being overweight, and less activity are possible causes of male impotence.
- Surgical treatment, especially radical prostate and bladder surgery for cancer often injure nerves and arteries near the penis, and such injuries may result in ED.
- Hormonal abnormality like the low amount of production of testosterone can also lead to erection problems.
Psychological factors: Stress, anxiety, guilt, depression, low self-esteem, and fear of sexual disappointment can also initiate ED. Even, if the Erectile Dysfunction has a physical cause, it may trigger psychological factors, which may make the condition worse.
Medicinal side effects: Some blood pressure drugs, Antihistamines, Antidepressants, Tranquilizers, Appetite suppressants, and Cimetidine, ulcer drugs may lead to the onset of erectile dysfunction.
Erectile Dysfunction is a very difficult problem to cope, here are a few persistent symptoms of ED:
• Difficult to get erection
• Troubles to hold the erection till the end of sexual intercourse
• Lack of any sexual desires
Adverse effects of ED:
There might be many complications associated with the problem of erectile dysfunction like:
• Unsatisfactory sexual life
• Anxiety and stress
• Low self-esteem
• Relationship issues
• Problems related to the inability to make your partner bear your child
Erectile dysfunction problem can be prevented if proper lifestyle choices are made. Here are few changes that you can make in your daily life to prevent ED:
• Proper treatment of diseases like diabetes, blood pressure and chronic health issues.
• Timely visits to the doctor to check and do the medical screenings
• avoid the excess of smoking
• reduce stress
• keep anxiety and depression in control, visit a doctor to get the issue addressed
• limit alcohol
• never use an illegal drug
Myths and facts:
Myth: ED is upsetting but not dangerous
Fact: Although it is not true that ED is not dangerous, it might be a sign of some underlying dangerous health issue
Myth: erectile dysfunction is a problem of old age, and it does not occur in young men
Fact: erectile dysfunction commonly occurs in senior citizens (above 75 years), but there is no reason that it can not occur in young people.
Here are some common men’s health products:
• Climax Spray
• Silagra etc.
These drugs are available online. You can buy men’s health products online from medicshoper.com, as it assures quick and secure delivery of your medicines, with delivery updates at every phase.
• Patient history: The medical history discloses diseases that lead to erection problems, and a simple recounting of sexual activity might identify problems with sexual desire, erection, ejaculation, or orgasm. Hence, it helps to identify the degree and nature of Erectile Dysfunction.
• Physical examination: A genital examination is done, and it is very essential. A digital rectal examination (DRE) of the prostate is not mandatory in Erectile Dysfunction but should be conducted in the presence of genito-urinary or protracted secondary ejaculatory symptoms. BP, heart rate, waist circumference and weight should be measured so as to find out the core cause of the problem.
• Laboratory testing: Tests for diseases including blood counts, urinalysis, lipid proﬁle, and measurements of Creatinine and liver enzymes. The test for hormonal disorders such as hypo production of testosterone, measured by a blood test. These tests may help to explain why a patient has decreased sexual desire.
• Psychological testing: It includes interview and questionnaire with the man and his partner to determine expectations and perceptions during sex.
To improve erectile function, the doctor treats the underlying causes. It may include suggestions to induce change certain lifestyle ways, such as stopping drug or alcohol usage. There are some multivitamins for men, which aims to improve overall health and well-to-be. The good vitamins for men having erectile dysfunction are Vitamin A, B, C and E. Regular intake of these vitamins shows better sexual health. The multivitamins for men helps to battle erectile dysfunction. Combating psychological health troubles, such as relationship conflict and depression also may be adopted.
1. Drug therapy: The drugs described here are not the initiators of erection and require sexual stimulation to facilitate an erection.
• Sildenafil (Viagra): Approved by US FDA in 1998, it is the first pill to treat sexual dysfunction. It belongs to the class of drugs called five phosphodiesterase enzyme inhibitors.
• Tadalafil(Cialis):This drug was licensed for the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction in February 2003, it becomes effective after thirty minutes of application, and its peak efficiency arises after 2 hours.
• Vardenafil: Commercially they became available from March 2003. 5, 10 and 20 mg doses have been approved for treatment of Erectile Dysfunction.
All these men’s health medicines are available online. You can buy men’s health products online from medicshoper.com.
2. Injectable medications (second line therapy)
Drugs such as Papaverine hydrochloride, Phentolamine, and Alprostadil widen the blood vessels. They are available as injections. As the oral medicines do not trigger the quick erection, some men consider injectable drug as a more convenient choice for that matter as these drugs produce the strong erection.
3. Vacuum devices: (third line therapy)
A vacuum erection device is a tool that draws blood into the penis and causes an erection to form. Once an erection occurs, the elastic ring at the base of the penis grips the blood in the penis for up to half an hour. The elastic ring maintains the erection during the intercourse by preventing blood from ﬂowing back into the body.
The process of surgical implantation of a needful device in the penis is called penile prosthesis. Surgery is meant for three purposes:
• To implant a device that can cause erection
• To repair and reconstruct the arteries that bring blood to the penis
• To block the veins that leak back the blood from the penis
Steps to improve life:
to improve the condition of ED, you can take the following as natural remedies for ED:
• Celery, beetroot and spinach
• Pistachios, rich in protein arginine
• Dark chocolates that give us flavonoids
• Watermelon, known for producing viagra like side effects
• Peanuts, onions, raspberries and apples
Important things to know:
The sexual experience is very necessary for everyone’s life. It is very important for playing a vital role in cementing a relationship. Sexual issues should never hamper a relationship, and it should be treated as soon as possible.